Wednesday, March 5, 2014

A rose by any other name...

I have always been a sucker for roses and I'm not talking about receiving a dozen red roses on Valentine's day. In fact, I have often asked my husband for apricot roses or even a spring bouquet when he gets flowers for me.  What I am a sucker for is roses in the garden. It doesn't matter if the roses are cup-shaped English roses spilling over a lush green lawn, or climbing roses weaving their way up a trellis or even shrub roses rambling over a stone wall, I love them.

What's brought on today's rapture? I just got my David Austin 2014 Handbook of Roses. Nothing like David Austin roses to fan a love affair.

When I think of roses I don't think of a formal rose garden but a myriad of other ways that roses can be used in a garden.  They can be awesome in mixed borders, containers and climbing over fences, arbors and doorways.

Below are some of my favorite photos of roses in the garden.
Front door symmetry accented with climbing white roses.




Climbing Floribunda Rose 'Iceberg, Cl.' (Rosa)










Roses climb around a beautiful terrace and arbor.  Source: http://www.wallpaperswala.com/rose-garden/





Jardin, so very french...


Flower Carpet® Appleblossom Groundcover Rose













Lady of Shalott with heather


















Garden Tour: Arkansas Governor’s Mansion (Seasonal Wisdom)


English roses cascade down on a lush lawn.  (Source: Niels Plougmann (cupshapedroses))
English roses  and other plants adorn a patio.  (Source: Niels Plougmann (cupshapedroses))
















No comments:

Post a Comment